Since 1970, playing styles and ideas surrounding sound have expanded. With DOMINANT PRO, Thomastik have developed an additional, contemporary repertoire string offering great advantage to the Dominant string series.
Immediately after stringing, Dominant Pro sound bell-like and fill the room. In the first 3 – 5 hours of playing, the strings feel a touch softer and sound a little warmer than they do for the rest of their lifespan. Then the strings open up, sound more brilliant and open, and feel a little tighter beneath the fingers.
The bell-like sound that fills the room decreases slightly in the last third of the strings’ life and they sound more direct – from this point on, the tonal character of the strings barely changes.
• exceptionally powerful
• good balance of brilliance and warmth
• broad range of sound colours
• supports the radiance of the instrument in the long term
• reacts immediately with a focused sound core
• a sound that fills the room
• bell-like tonal character
• high resistance to bow pressure
• suitable for soloists, orchestral & chamber musicians
• very high level of dynamics (can be played very quietly and very loudly)