6 new arrangements of iconic rock, pop, and contemporary music tracks from classic and contemporary artists & 6 Rockschool Originals.
The Bass Grade 5 book will help you put together what you’ve learnt so far, covering more sophisticated solo and syncopation techniques including slap-and-pop and hammer-on styles and more.
What you’ll learn at Grade 5:
- Slap and pop, hammer-on, complex syncopation, developed solo work
- Major and Natural Minor, Major and Minor Pentatonic scales, Blues scales. Harmonic Minor scale
- Major and Minor arpeggios and Major 7th and Minor 7th arpeggios
- Playback and performance skills
Bass Grade 5 features:
- 6 new arrangements of iconic rock, pop, and contemporary music tracks from classic and contemporary artists & 6 Rockschool Originals
- The most diverse selection of contemporary music ever seen in a syllabus making the Grades accessible to everyone without precluding any musical tastes
- Fact Files: band and artist background information with recommended listening
- Walkthroughs: in-depth guidance on every track
- Downloadable audio: easily access audio content online
- All the essential music theory and technique you need to pass your exams
Uptown Funk (Bruno Mars/Mark Ronson), Get Lucky (Daft Punk), The Bottle (Gil Scott-Heron), September (Earth, Wind & Fire), Mr Brightside (The Killers), The Whipping Post (The Allman Brothers), 6 Rockschool Originals